Teen Girls & Young Moms Outreach
Imprints Cares Teen Girls & Young Moms Outreach supports pregnancy prevention and well as prenatal care at Wake Forest Baptist Downtown Health Plaza. This program is not to treat the symptoms, but to empower teen girls and young moms to change the way they think and act and structure their community network in such a way that they are able to make healthy choices. Through one-on-one consultations, child assessments, home visits, literacy, and enrichment activities, we spark their interest to succeed in school and in life. Wake Forest Baptist health residents and pediatricians also lead workshops as well.
We are thankful to our donor investors Wendy and Mike Brenner, Anna Reilly and
Matt Cullinan, and Woody Clinard, for their support over 4 years.
Click below & take a peek at Helping Kids Raising Kids blog post!
• Second Harvest of NW providing nutrition and cooking classes
• The Olio STEAM glass blowing workshops with teens and their moms
• Safe Kids offer car seat donations for selected, qualified families along with installation and education on safety
• The Outreach Alliance for Babies and Newborns in Need both provide families with much needed bags of items such as clothes, blankets, diapers, wipes, and bassinettes
• The Department of Public Health provides lunch and learn education on SIDS, Folic Acid and Birth Control
- DPH Dental Health program provides preventative dental health and dental screening donating toothbrushes, toothpaste and dental floss
Please Contact Berta Andrade, Director of Ready For School Programs, 336.713.9743